Antalya is the tourism capital of Turkey
Antalya’s biggest international Sea resort in Turkey, located on the coast of the Mediterranean Sea south-west of Turkey with an area of 20 thousand km2
Its population is approximately 1,720,000 people, and it is 729 km away from Istanbul, and its climate in general is the Mediterranean climate, warm and rainy in winter, hot and dry in summer, and its average temperature in summer ranges from 15 to 28 degrees Celsius.
The number of hotels in Antalya is approximately 1600
One of the most famous sights to visit in Antalya:
- The water Museum, which ranks first in size in Antalya, is also one of the newest tourist places in Antalya, featuring many cultural and entertainment events, and allows its visitors to experience underwater life in a new and innovative way.
- Duden falls, a collection of waterfalls originating from the Duden River, is characterized by its charming beauty, surrounded by many cafes and restaurants, as well as many excursions.
- The Italian water city, located near the hotel and resort of Dedman, many dolphin shows and water games are held in this city, and it is easy to reach as it is very close to konyaalti city.
- Hadrian’s gate, this gate was constructed by the Romans under the supervision of Emperor Hadrian during the second century BC.
- It is an ancient building surrounded by a series of fences, and also houses two hydraulic towers, the clock, and Hadrian’s gate known as the triple gate.
- Kisk Lighthouse also called broken minaret, Kisk was a Byzantine church, but was rebuilt to become a mosque.
- The mosque of yevlev Al-Manara, called the decorated minaret, was built by the Seljuks, and is characterized by its turquoise and dark blue colored tiles, this mosque has recently become a symbol of the city, and the city of Antalya also includes many religious places, such as tekli Mehmet Pasha Mosque, ahi Yusuf mesidi mosque, Osman Effendi mosque, Murad Pasha Mosque and Sinan Effendi mosque.
The Turkish state of Antalya, one of the most important tourist centers in the world, has maintained its first position in the number of Blue Flag beaches in the world.
In a 2021 ranking, Blue Flag International announced that 519 beaches in Turkey, including 213 in Antalya, will be awarded the blue flag this year.
The “Blue Flag” is an environmental mark awarded by the non-governmental environmental education foundation (FEE) to beaches and ports that meet certain criteria such as water quality, purity, information and environmental education, and environmental management and safety.
Turkey ranked third in the world in the number of beaches with the blue flag after Spain with 614 and Greece with 545 beaches.
Antalya, Turkey’s absolute tourism capital on the Mediterranean Sea, received visitors from 129 countries around the world during the first 4 months of this year.
Russian tourists, the list of foreign visitors coming to Antalya during the mentioned period, topped with more than 296 thousand tourists.
The Germans took second place by about 39 thousand, the Ukrainians followed by more than 30 thousand tourists.